The Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) serves as a resource and partner for management and employees in their assigned client group, ensuring equitable, consistent, and proactive partnership on people and culture topics in alignment with OHSU’s mission and business objectives. The HRBP develops and implements HR strategies focused on organizational effectiveness, equity and inclusion, employee engagement, talent management, employee relations, and labor relations.
- Provide equitable, timely, and consistent interpretation and guidance on HR policies and procedures, employee and labor relations matters, performance management conversations and documentation, conflict resolution, compensation, benefits, discipline, grievances, arbitrations, and other employee services.
- Partner with managers and the HR team to ensure employment decisions are equitable, including those around promotions, compensation changes, hiring, corrective action, and separations.
- Receive and respond to complaints; conduct investigations into complaints of code of conduct issues or other issues, ensuring a thorough process and documentation; recommend actions for resolution of complaints and follow through with those involved.
- In partnership with internal stakeholders and partners, implement preventive and restorative approaches aimed at mitigating, addressing, responding to, and healing harm.
- Collaborate with managers on team development, individual performance, career development conversations, and building capacity for growth; reinforce effective use of performance and development review frameworks and tools to foster employee performance and development.
- Collaborate with the Learning & Organizational Development team to curate resources and opportunities that develop common competencies and skills.
- In collaboration with the labor relations unit, respond to grievances.
- Build relationships with union stewards in support of developing an amicable and collaborative partnership between management and labor.
- Participate in HR policy and procedure updates and other HR special projects aimed at addressing the ongoing and emerging challenges of assigned client groups.
- Provide contract and policy interpretation and support managers and employees on the consistent application of policies, contract provision, and procedures.
- Respond to questions from employees and direct employees to appropriate resources. In partnership with HR partners, develop resources that respond to recurring questions or issues.
- In collaboration with the SHRBP, use HR data to identify trends and changes that inform HR strategies and programs.
- Provide coaching and counseling to managers and employees on topics relating to employee performance, development, engagement, and common HR compliance topics.
- Assists the SHRBP in assessing, investigating, and addressing complex employee and labor relations issues.
- Participate in the development and review of HR communications provided to the workforce.