The practice manager supervises and coordinates activities of the General Surgery Clinic located in Astoria, Oregon. This position is responsible for the administrative oversight and supervision of all clinical and administrative staff to enhance quality of care for the clinics’ customers.
The position works closely with the clinic staff and physicians to improve patient experience, adhere to regulatory standards, and lead process improvement initiatives. This position will serve as the main point of contact for patient service issues. This key practice leadership position helps develop the clinical programs, assuring quality care for patients. Responsibilities include:
- Daily operations including room assignments, inventory, Medical Assistant management, patient flow and process improvement
- Human Resources activities such as recruitment, orientation and ongoing supervision of Medical Assistants
- Ensures that all Medical Assistant staff is current with expected clinical practice standards, including annual competency training
- Carries out annual performance reviews for clinic staff with feedback from clinicians and administrative leadership. Recommends annual merit increases and salary adjustments.
- Develops and implements regular MA staffing patterns to cover clinical practice areas
- Operations Management such as coordinating daily operations and work activities for clinical services. Creates staff schedules and monitors staffing levels for the practice based on patient acuity, staff competencies, and patient volume
- Provides timely and appropriate resolution to pateint, customer, physician, personnel, vendor and organizational concerns or complaints
- Process improvement facilitation/Project management: Works collaboratively as part of the ambulatory care teamon assigned projects and initiatives across the institution
- Works closely with Surgical Services and other hospital departments to continually improve patient experience related to surgeries and procedures performed both in the clinic and in the hospital.
- Frequently solicits and utilizes staff input to improve service, productivity and accuracy