The Radiologic Technologist’s role is to provide quality images with accuracy and efficiency using optimal skills and knowledge of all equipment. They gather complete documentation of all pertinent information to provide accurate, safe and timely service to the customers. They provide for personal and patient care and safety using professional judgment in accordance with written standards so there is no injury to self or others.
- Provides quality images with accuracy and efficiency, using optimal skills and knowledge of all equipment.
- Technologists will be trained in all general radiology exams/areas so that they are able to rotate through the department based on workflow needs.
- Utilize the VIP transportation system to arrange for patient delivery.
- Positions patient for diagnostic radiology exams according to department procedures, training, and machine requirements with a high regard for the safety and care of the patient.
- Operates radiology equipment, determines and sets exposure factors, sets technique utilizing all relevant factors to ensure accurate and quality imageswith minimal and acceptable repeat rates.
- Uses computer image processing, as needed to select, process, optimize and archive images to PACS.
- Completely tracks exams in the Radiology Information system.
- Develops and presents images and related patient information to radiologist for diagnosis.
- Assists with patient transport by moving patients using standard procedures.
- Assists in the training of Radiologic Technology Students, and adheres to dept. policy on supervision of student technologists.
- Gathers complete documentation of all pertinent information to provide accurate and timely service to customers.
- Responsible to correctly identify patients by checking their identity per department procedure.
- Reviews patient chart and orders to insure correct examination.
- Labels images completely with demographic, position and other needed documentation. Follows dept policy on the use of anatomical markers.
- Logs activities, gathers charging information and charges exams as required.
- Follows department and hospital procedures and policies.
- Performs quality control and quality assurance, records results and reports variance from normal equipment function.
Techs should practice professional communication, appearance, conduct, punctuality, attendance and attitude that leads to physician, patient and co-worker respect and confidence.
Technologists will be trained in all general radiology exams/areas so that they are able to rotate through the department based on workflow needs.