Key responsibilities will include lab maintenance, supporting studies utilizing, induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs), mouse models, as well as human genomics projects. Duties include:
- Plans, conducts, and completes laboratory experiments with minimal supervision of the head of the laboratory. Specific duties will the culture of induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs) and other cell types (mainly neuronal).
- Performs primary molecular genetic techniques including PCR, gel electrophoresis, enzymatic analyses, fluorescence assisted cell sorting (FACS), fluorescent and light microscopy, plasmid preparation, DNA isolation from mouse and human tissues, next-generation library preparation, and studies of gene expression.
- Performs complex test procedures and analyses involving multiple procedures and a variety of technical approaches. Operates a variety of instruments and scientific equipment, including operation, quality control and maintenance. Assists with experiments and assays, preparing solutions, collecting and entering data, maintaining databases, assuring compliance with established safety procedures and maintaining required documentation. Assists with training of students, fellows, and RAs.
- Collects, records, organizes and verifies the accuracy of data. Conducts literature searches and summarizes information in an appropriate format for a particular study; Documents and interprets results of experiments and reports to principal investigator. Presents experimental results at lab meetings and participates in journal and research group meetings. Prepares written reports and, as applicable, regulatory documentation.
- Lab Maintenance: Maintain work and common research areas.
- Logistical Support: Supports PI with management of lab, including, but not limited to, inventory, lab purchase orders, and tracking project related expenditures.