Four years of information technology experience specific to telecommunications systems;
OR An equivalent combination of training and experience.
Background must have provided the following:
Knowledge of telecommunications industry terminology, equipment types, standard and customized features and services available;
Knowledge of large enterprise systems including various vendor and services providers, and current industry systems installation techniques;
Skill in analyzing and identifying customer telecommunications problems, determining solutions; AND
Skill in interpreting technical issues for both technicians and non-technical clients
Job Related Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (Competencies):
- Broad-based knowledge of telecommunications/Unified Communications design principles and implementation procedures.
- Communications concepts, including wiring plans, system design and product knowledge.
- Demonstrated mastery of industry-specific skills and comprehension, including Unified Communications terminology, equipment types, standard and customized features and services available.
- Advanced system programming skills, trouble determination and resolution, hardware and software applications and interface.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and design Automatic Call Distribution (ACD) contact centers.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Ability to work independently as a customer consultant translatings requirements to technical solutions.
- Excellent customer service skills in interpreting technical issues for both technicians and non-technical clients.