This level 3 coding positions provides support to the Enterprise Coding Department for coding highly specialized services. This position covers requires advanced coding experience in highly specialized areas of coding, and requires certification with AAPC or AHIMA.
- For Facility Services coding positions: Depending on the posted job need, this position is responsible for reviewing clinical documentation and applying the correct coding and modifiers to Inpatient records; Day Surgery/Observation surgical services; and/or other highly specialized services such as Orthopedic, Urology, General Surgery. This position ensures that the documentation is in compliance with Medicare/Medicaid billing regulations, and provider documentation guidelines, CPT documentation and CMS coding guidelines. This position provides support to the Enterprise Coding Department for abstracting of records, coding, and charge router submission of Facility services rendered at OHSU
- Responsible for meeting performance standards set for accurate and timely submission of charges and coding for professional and facility services rendered at OHSU.
- Working in collaboration with Enterprise Coding Leadership and billing departments, provide technical expertise regarding a broad range of third party payer and reimbursement issues
- Orient peer coders or new hires to specified coding assignments
- Requires maintaining an hourly productivity standard and quality standards as set by Enterprise Coding and based on Industry Standards
- Will require attendance of Enterprise Coding and Clinical Department meetings via conference call and WebEx.
- Coding Work Queue assignment will vary based on business needs or management assignment.