Positioned at the confluence, where the business of patient care meets the need for insights and data driven decisions, this role provides the opportunity to use data analysis and development skills to improve the health and well-being of Oregonians and beyond.
As part of the OHSU Business Intelligence & Advanced Analytics (BIAA) division, this position is responsible for developing a comprehensive data and analytics toolset for the OHSU Health Critical Care Service Line (CCSL). This includes operational reporting and dashboards, providing data and analysis in support of clinical quality and research initiatives, and related project efforts as prioritized by CCSL leadership.
This person will be responsible for designing, developing, testing, implementing and maintaining data and analytics solutions, including:
- SAP Business Objects Web Intelligence for department reporting
- Dashboard and data visualization development in Azure BI Analytics and/or Tableau;
- ETL development using Epic’s Caboodle Data Warehouse and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS);
- SQL data extracts using T-SQL stored procedures and SSIS;
- Views and stored procedures for reporting using Microsoft SQL Server and the Epic Clarity and Caboodle data models;
This position will be developing primarily in the Epic Caboodle Console, Microsoft SQL Server tools, and BusinessObjects. However, duties may extend to Azure DataFactoty, PowerBI, and additional analytics tools. Azure DevOps will be used for version control, code management, and code deployment. All development will observe the OHSU BIAA data governance policies and SDLC.
Candidates must be able to excel in a collaborative environment, where open and honest communication drives innovation and process improvement. The ideal candidate will seek out opportunities to lead and lift others by offering consulting and providing technical expertise to assist clinical BI end users and fellow team members.