Two years of experience installing, maintaining, and repairing local telecommunication systems lines, stations, and equipment which included working with large telephone Private Branch Exchange (PBX), and digital data infrastructure installation; AND A current Limited Energy A License; AND
A current valid Oregon Drivers License; OR
An equivalent combination of training and experience; AND
A current Limited Energy A License; AND
A current valid Oregon Drivers License.
Job Related Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (Competencies):
Incumbent shall have excellent written, spoken and listening skills.
Incumbent shall have excellent interpersonal skills; proven and recognized as a team player with excellent coordination and communication abilities.
Incumbent shall have knowledge of construction trade practices and drawings to ensure installation is correct and installers work is correct and in compliance with all established codes, standards, laws, and policies.
Incumbent shall have ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently, prioritizing and accurately completing them a potentially stressful environment.
Incumbent shall have knowledge and understanding of the installation and maintenance standards and practices at OHSU.
Incumbent shall have expertise with Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.
Incumbent shall understand the impact and consequence of error;
- Work often has significant impact on more than one department and outside the university and hospital.
- Errors are difficult to recognize and correct and can cause considerable harm, financial, or health loss to individuals, departments, and the University, or to other individuals and groups.
Incumbent shall exercise and demonstrate independent judgement;
- Established procedures/policies govern many work situations
- Regular exercise of independent judgment or initiative.
- Problems need to be resolved by choosing solutions from among several alternatives that are not necessary governed by established procedures.
Registrations, Certifications and/or Licenses:
- Current Oregon Limited Energy A or B Licenses
- Current Driver’s License