Come work at Oregon's #1 ranked hospital!
OHSU is more than Oregon's only comprehensive academic health center. It’s an entire community of people dedicated to a single cause. Each of us are here to improve the health and well-being of people in Oregon, and beyond. Our core values of quality, service, transparency and diversity are essential in what we do, but ultimately important because of why we are here. We are here to serve. We are here to innovate. We are here to lead. We are looking forward to the dynamic impact you will make by joining OHSU.
This regulatory compliance position is part of Cascade Life Alliance, the region's Organ Procurement Organization.
Our mission is to save, enhance, and heal lives through organ donation and transplantation.
This position reports to the Director of Quality & Regulatory Affairs. The purpose of the position is to support optimal organization performance through identification of improvement opportunities and collaboration with other departments within the organization.
The employee executes processes used to identify regulatory improvement opportunities, and coordinates with other departments to accomplish the responsibilities relating to Cascade Life Alliance regulatory compliance and risk management processes. They also communicate their findings to inform and participate in the ongoing evaluation of organizational quality assurance and quality improvement programs.
The employee actively fosters an organizational quality culture based on collaboration, support, and constructive feedback. They will also provide input into policy development and the Cascade Life Alliance Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement program.
QUALITY ASSURANCE (QA)
Maintains current knowledge of AOPO, UNOS, and CMS regulations as pertain to Organ Procurement Organizations
Conducts routine quality assurance activities, as follows:
• Performs reviews of organ donor case documentation for regulatory compliance
• Maintains access to electronic medical records with local donor hospitals
• Completes organ donor case documentation responsibilities for results received following organ recovery
• Executes reports identifying potential late or missed organ donor referrals and communicates findings to Hospital Development for follow-up
• Identifies, logs, tracks, and performs root cause analysis on internal process errors and assists with development of preventive action plans.
• Demonstrates problem solving, leadership, conflict management, and team building skills in order to ensure a productive team environment
• Assists manager in development or revisions of quality plan
• Works with staff member from all departments to identify areas where services might be improved
• Uses Quality Improvement techniques (e.g. PDSA, lean, 6-sigma, root cause analysis) to contribute to development of performance improvement projects as assigned by manager
• Assists in maintaining and revising the compliance policies and practices for Cascade Life Alliance.
• May perform as a liaison with other organ procurement organizations to collaborate in activities relating to quality assurance/risk management issues.
• May report and perform mitigating actions in response to adverse events.
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES (AS ASSIGNED)
• Assists with development and implementation of new protocols and policies as assigned by manager
• May review staff training to ensure compliance with policies and staff development
• May assist in preparation of educational materials for software and regulatory updates
• Projects or other duties as assigned by manager
• Bachelor’s degree in Health Sciences, Quality, or Public Policy
• Regulatory Compliance experience including, but not limited to, CMS, AOPO, and UNOS
• Organ Procurement Organization experience
• Blood or tissue banking experience
• Policy development experience
• Data analysis experience