This level 3 coding position provides support to the Enterprise Coding Department for the coding of Inpatient services. The Inpatient Coder position requires certification and active credential status with AHIMA and advanced coding experience in the highly specialized areas of Inpatient coding.
- Inpatient Coding Services: This position is responsible for reviewing clinical documentation and assigning the correct ICD 10 CM and ICD 10 PCS coding to Inpatient records.
- Utilizes Epic and 3M 360 systems
- Effectively communicates via email.
- Collaborates with Coding Leads, Clinical Documentation Specialists and Billing Dept to ensure correct coding and DRG assignment resulting in accurate Case Mix Index calculations and reimbursement.
- Ensures that the documentation is in compliance with ICD 10 and CMS coding guidelines.
- Advises coding partners and team members in coding assignments.
- Requires maintaining an hourly productivity standard and quality standards as set by Enterprise Coding and based on Industry Standards.
- Requires attendance of Enterprise Coding and Clinical Department meetings via conference call and WebEx.
- Coding work queue assignment will vary based on business needs or management assignment.