Hiring Bonus and Relocation Package Available
Cohorts for this position are expected to start July, 2023
Doernbecher Children’s Hospital, which is associated with a three-time Magnet designated hospital, Oregon Health & Science University’s (OHSU), is a regional referral center in Portland Oregon, for acute and critically ill children, At Doernbecher, Pediatric Float Pool nurses provide state-of-the-art, high-quality, innovative, and compassionate family-centered nursing care. Pediatric Float Pool (PFP) nurses support pediatric Acute and Critical Care units as well as the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.
Here are some reasons to be excited about the Pediatric Float Pool (PFP) at Doernbecher:
- You become an expert in pediatric nursing – as there is a separate float pool for adult care areas.
- PFP RNs provide seamless care for patients across the continuum of care, from the NICU, to the PICU, to acute care, and upon discharge.
- PFP RNs float to 6 different Pediatric units including: Medical, Surgical, Intermediate, Hematology/Oncology, Pediatric ICU and NICU.
- Surgical services include Ortho, General Surgical, Cardiac, ENT, Plastics, Urology
- OHSU/Doernbecher is nationally recognized Level 1 Trauma Organization.
- The state of Oregon is ranked very high for RN pay as compared to the rest of the country.
- Your professional development is supported by our staff educator and orientation coordinator, as well as our team’s robust Shared Governance.
- This job posting is a night shift only position, meaning there is no required rotations between night and day shift. Opportunities to switch to day shift arise when there are open day shift positions to transfer into.
- Once minimum requirements are met , you will earn an $8/hour float differential on top of your base pay. There are also additional differentials such as night shift and weekend.
Here are some reasons to be excited about living in Portland:
- The Pacific Northwest is an outdoor enthusiast’s playground! We have extraordinary beaches to the West and the wild, scenic, and fun Columbia River Gorge to the East. National forests are everywhere. You can be skiing, beach combing or deep in a forest within a 1-2 hour drive from Portland.
- Portland is quirky, independent, fiercely intelligent, intensively livable and totally down to earth:
- It's a great walking and biking city, with plenty of public transportation, a beautiful airport with non-stop flights to loads of international destinations, a population that celebrates the arts, a culture of great food, artisan coffee, and neighborhoods full of shops selling handmade clothes, crafts and furniture.
- Take a look at more information about Portland here: https://www.travelportland.com/
This position also comes with great benefits! Some highlights include:
- Comprehensive health care plans paid 100% for employees.
- $25K of term life insurance provided at no cost to the employee.
- Two separate above market pension plans to choose from.
- Vacation: 192 to 288 hours per year depending on length of service.
- Sick Leave: up to 96 hours per year for full time.
- Holidays: accrue up to 64 holiday hours per year.
- Substantial public transportation discounts.
- Tuition Reimbursement program.
- Innovative Employee Assistance Program (EAP).