Here are some reasons to be excited about the Hematology, Oncology & Bone Marrow Transplant unit at OHSU:
- OHSU is the only hospital in Oregon that performs Chimeric Antigen Receptor T-Cell Therapy (CAR-T) and Bone Marrow Transplants.
- OHSU is a Magnet designated hospital.
- The OHSU Nursing shared governance structure is designed to support nurses’ engagement, decision making and service. As a result, you’ll have the opportunity to participate in unit-based committees and councils that bring nurses from different areas together. You have a seat at the table to make impactful decisions.
- OHSU nurses are represented by the Oregon Nurse Association union.
- Attending providers are available 24x7 so you always have backup when you need it.
- OHSU works collaboratively with other hospitals in the region as they refer patients for specialized care.
Here are some reasons to be excited about living in Portland:
- The Pacific Northwest is an outdoor enthusiast’s playground! We have extraordinary beaches to the West and the wild, scenic, and fun Columbia River Gorge to the East. National forests are everywhere. You can be skiing, beach combing or deep in a forest in 2 hours.
- Portland is quirky, independent, fiercely intelligent, intensively livable and totally down to earth: Just the kind of place you'd like to live.
- It's a great walking and biking city, with plenty of public transportation, a beautiful airport with non-stop flights to loads of international destinations, a population that celebrates the arts, a culture of great food, artisan coffee and neighborhoods full of shops selling handmade clothes, crafts and furniture.
- Take a look at more information about Portland here: https://www.travelportland.com/
Hiring Bonus and Relocation Package Available regardless of experience! This position also comes with great benefits. Some highlights include:
- Comprehensive health care plans covered 100% for full-time employees and 88% for dependents
- $25K of term life insurance provided at no cost to the employee
- Two separate above market pension plans to choose from
- Vacation: 192 to 288 hours per year depending on length of service, prorated for part-time
- Sick Leave: 96 hours per year for full time, prorated for part-time
- Holidays: up to 8 paid holidays per year for full-time
- Substantial public transportation discounts
- Tuition Reimbursement program
- Earn extra income once you obtain an CPHON or BMTCN Certificate. OHSU pays for the certification exam.
- Innovative Employee Assistance Program (EAP)