1. TEAMWORK: Cooperation, adaptability, flexibility, communication, dependability, supports team goals.
- Works collaboratively with all departments at HMC and OHSU.
- Establishes and maintains open communication to enhance team effort.
- Demonstrates flexibility in response to unexpected changes in work volume, emergencies, staffing and scheduling.
- Fulfills work schedule and commitments.
- Looks for opportunities to assist co-workers.
2. RESPECT AND CARING: Compassion, customer relations, professional behavior, confidentiality, valuing diversity.
- Uses interpersonal skills that convey a positive and supportive attitude.
- Uses discretion in discussions related to staffing or personal concerns.
- Gives constructive feedback in a non-blaming, positive and confidential manner.
- Makes continuous effort to identify opportunities to meet/exceed customer needs and expectations.
- Demonstrates commitment to understanding and valuing individual differences and fosters an environment of acceptance, fairness and mutual respect.
- Understands core principles of Trauma informed practices in the work place and in clinical services.
3. EFFECTIVE USE OF RESOURCES: Effective use of time, people, supplies, safe and attentive work practices.
- Works in a safe manner.
- Maintains a safe and clean work environment.
- Promotes cost effectiveness through the proper use and conservation of supplies and equipment.
- Identifies cost saving measures.
- Reports needed repairs or potential hazards to the appropriate department as soon as identified.
- Reports all on-the-job injuries and seeks medical attention as appropriate.
4. INITIATIVE: Self-motivation, takes on project willingly, acts on opportunities to improve, contributes new ideas.
- Takes the initiative to identify and solve problems.
- Supports improvement and innovation in the workplace.
- Participates in continuous quality improvement and departmental activities.
- Promotes professional development and contributes to the professional growth of others.
1. Works toward the success of the Hillsboro Medical Center as a whole while upholding OHSU’s core values, strategic pathways, mission and vision.
- Regularly communicates and demonstrates through actions the norms, values and vision of the organization to colleagues and staff.
- Works collaboratively to ensure continued success in programs which contribute to Unity goals.
- Functions effectively in partnership with others.
2. Ensures that customer expectations are met or exceeded through practices that use LEAN principles, tools and processes.
- Demonstrates personal commitment to quality improvement.
- Clearly understands and meets customer expectations.
- Resolves customer complaints in a timely manner.
3. Takes responsibility for development of self and others.
- Continues own education to strengthen knowledge to attain current and future goals.
- Assists staff in developing their skills and abilities.
4. Builds and maintains a work environment that reflects a positive atmosphere, high employee satisfaction and competence and strong evidence of teamwork.
- Makes high quality staffing decisions and effectively delegates work appropriate to staff capabilities.
- Encourages successful team development by actively involving staff in planning, decision making and solving team conflicts.
- Creates an environment in which diversity is encouraged and honored.
- Understands, interprets and consistently applies Unity policies and procedures.
5. Communicates effectively.
- Establishes and communicates clear expectations.
- Models open, clear, consistent communication.
- Demonstrates effective listening.
6. Plans strategically and manages resources to produce desired results.
- Develops and manages an effective plan for the future direction of areas of responsibility.
- Achieves results within budgetary parameters.
- Complies with all laws and regulations and Unity policies in performing job responsibilities.
GENERAL ACCOUNTABILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
I. CLINICAL 80%:
- Provide direct clinical care for inpatients in the Unit as the attending physician along with other members of the Medical Staff.
- Participate in the call schedule, along with other employed or contracted psychiatrists on the Medical Staff.
- Complete all medical records meeting documentation quality and timeliness requirements as defined by HMC standards.
II. ADMINISTRATIVE 20%:
- Provide leadership in the development and implementation of the HMC and OHSU philosophy, therapeutic milieu structure and policies with the program manager: in line with HMC Hospital’s commitment to create and maintain a trauma informed work place and clinical service.
- Develop the quality assurance plan with the program manager.
- Foster growth and professional development of the staff by participating in the planning and implementation of in-service training programs.
- Supervision and coordination of the multidisciplinary team, along with the program manager.
- Effectively lead outreach efforts including participation in community programs and meeting with community agencies as needed to create active engagement in the system of care
- Promote full compliance with all JCAHO, Medicare and state licensing standards that relate to Adult Inpatient Units.
- Participate actively in administrative or clinically relevant meetings to represent the Psychiatry Services.
- Develop a long-term strategic plan for the program with the manager.
- Supervise other Psychiatrists and Nurse Practitioners on staff.
- Work with Nursing leadership to assure appropriate medical services
- Coordinate call schedule for the Adult inpatient service.