The School of Dentistry shares the mission of the Oregon Health & Science University to provide educational programs, basic and clinical research, and high quality care and community programs. We strive to foster an environment of mutual respect where the free exchange of ideas can flourish. The dental school prepares graduates in general dentistry and the dental specialties to deliver compassionate and ethical oro-facial health care.
Read more about the School of Dentistry: http://www.ohsu.edu/xd/education/schools/school-of-dentistry
The appointee shall provide services as assigned by the supervisor in furtherance of the university’s missions and goals of teaching, research, patient care, outreach and public service.
This position reports to (supervisor): Dr. Karan Replogle, Chair of Endodontology
The primary focus of the Head of the Division of Endodontology is to provide leadership for the education of predoctoral and graduate dental students in Endodontology. This faculty member will serve a dual role as the Program Director for the Advanced Education Program in Endodontics, providing direct oversight and direction for the specialty program. The Division Head collaborates with the Department Chair, the Senior Associate Deans for Academic and Clinical Systems in the development and implementation of curriculum, operation and oversight of the Graduate Endodontic Practice, and management of Division and Program budgets. The Head leads in process improvement and ensures compliance to the policies and procedures of the School of Dentistry (SOD), Commission of Dental Accreditation (CODA), and the Northwest Commission of Colleges and University (NWCCU). The Head collaborates with the Dean of the SOD and the OHSU Foundation to manage and grow alumni philanthropy. This position directly supervises faculty in the Predoctoral and Advanced Education Program, full-time and part-time. The position is supported by an Administrative Coordinator. This faculty member is expected to conduct research, participate in research, and oversee and mentor research of the Advanced Education students in Endodontics. The faculty member will teach in the Predoctoral and Graduate Endodontic curriculum. The faculty member is eligible to practice endodontic privately in the OHSU SOD Faculty Practice. The Division Head will be supported to provide service to the community and strengthen the divisions’ and advanced education program’s reputation nationally and internationally.
The appointee shall provide services as assigned in furtherance of the university’s missions and goals of teaching, research, patient care, outreach, and public service.
The Duties of the Division Head are:
· Recruit, retain, evaluate, and directly supervise diverse faculty within the Division of Endodontology
· Build relationships within the Division and between Divisions to build a culture of success, belonging and synergy that furthers the mission of the SOD
· Manage the operating budget for the Division
· Participate in forecasting and justifying budgetary recommendations for additional funding for facilities, staffing and resources
· Develop and monitor performance metrics for the Division
· Support, coach and implement key SOD initiatives
· Recommend and establish administrative controls and process improvements to increase efficiency, performance, and outcomes
· Build, develop, and foster essential partnerships with alumni and external community partners.
· Leads in initiatives to improve the overall dental health of the community
The Duties of the Advanced Program Director in Endodontics are:
· Provides strategic and day-to-day operational guidance and oversight for the Advanced Education Program in Endodontics
· Recruit, retain, evaluate, and directly supervise graduate students within the Advanced Education Program in Endodontics
· Build relationships within the Program and between the SOD Programs and GME residencies in Ortho, Periodontics, Pediatrics, Oral Surgery, and the General Practice Residency to build a culture of success, belonging and synergy that furthers the mission of the SOD
· Serve on the SOD Advanced Education Committee to guide compliance to SOD policies and procedures for Advanced Education Programs
· Establish rapport with public and private clients to grow the referral base for the GEP and to
enhance the resources available to the GEP
· Recommend, establish, and ensure compliance with administrative controls and process improvements that increase efficiency, performance, and outcomes
· Develop and monitor key performance metrics for the GEP
· Collaborate with the Clinical Site Director for the GEP to manage operations to include determining appropriate faculty staffing, resident and staff scheduling, resident/patient experiences, and budget.
· Prepare reporting for the OHSU, CODA and NWCCU program review
· Ensures compliance with policies and procedures of the SOD, CODA and NWCCU.
• Master’s degree or equivalent
• Experience in working with national or state dental or specialty associations
• Research publications in peer reviewed journals
• Ability to obtain funding through grants or sponsorship
Please note: Effective Oct. 18, 2021, all OHSU employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious exception. If you are hired by OHSU after Oct. 18, you will need to be fully vaccinated (or obtain an approved exception) prior to starting work, and need to provide proof of vaccination (or approved exception) within 10 days of starting work.