- Conducts bio-psychosocial assessments and diagnoses of patients affected by addiction; utilizes ASAM assessment criteria. Conducts psychosocial evaluations of patients/families and significant others including, but not limited to the following: adjustment to medical or health condition; care coordination; mental health status; adjustment/compliance to treatment process; substance usage; child and elder abuse/neglect assessments; domestic violence issues; cognitive status (including potential guardian issues); and patient/family resources..
- Participates in treatment planning and goal-setting with patients and families during the hospital admission.
- Provides motivational interviewing and addiction counseling to patients and families; explores implementation of addiction support groups in the hospital setting Provides brief psychotherapy including: individual short term psychotherapy; group work including information/support groups, family support, patient therapy); regarding but not limited to issues of adoption, abortion , domestic violence, family of origin, sexual/gender, substance abuse, parenting, relationship adjustment to disabilities and chronic or acute illness.
- Leads addiction-specific discharge planning efforts to determine the most appropriate level of care and makes indicated resource referrals. Assess patient/family support needs regarding: transportation, housing, clothing and educational/patient vocational rehabilitation and training materials and refer to appropriate resources
- Provides education regarding addiction issues to OHSU staff and community members.
- Maintains accurate and timely documentation of patient care activities in an efficent manner per departmental policies and consistent with billing practices. Participates in staff meetings, Meets in regularly scheduled supervisory sessions. Participates in patient rounds and care/case conferences as appropriate. Complete all OHSU/Joint Commission mandatory education requirements and activities within established time lines. Yearly competencies as identified by department
- Participates in continuous quality improvement initiatives.
- Coordinates and provides support to accounting by generating reports, assisting with paperwork or other tasks for grants or otherwise
- Reviews plans/agreement schedules, budgets, progress reports or other monitoring instrument to ensure proper performance and adherence to guidelines
Grant Planning & Development
- Interprets Sponsor guidelines and requirements
- Assists in collecting data needed for applications and other pre-award steps
- Assists in developing pre-award-related policy statements
- Assists in developing grant budgets and other steps related to the application
- Monitor all outgoing subaward activity to anticipate adjustments and/or paperwork that will be required prior to study close, and follow-up with sites as-needed to maintain grant progress
- Maintain CEI publication lists for both internal and external references via MyNCBI and other sources that require ongoing researching
- Trained on InfoEd access to serve as backup to Grants Administrator
- Assist in maintaining internal documents and newsletters to keep CEI research community updated on all pre-award-related regulatory, administrative and procedural changes
- Provide Physical Therapy treatment services for infants, children and youth with conditions that adversely affect developmental motor performance.
- Perform Physical Therapy evaluations that address musculoskeletal, neuromotor, mobility and gait, and developmental and functional status; address orthotic, prosthetic, and adaptive equipment needs.
- Document all patient contacts including evaluations, treatment plans, treatment notes, discharge planning and/or summary notes in compliance with OHSU, JCAHO, and 3rd party payer standards
- Coordinate care with CDRC Interdisciplinary team and community providers including primary care providers, educationally-based providers, and other treating therapists and providers.
- Participate in training of pre-professional students and physical therapy interns.
Primary duties include: coordinating multiple clinical research studies; assessment of potential subjects for protocol eligibility; conducting medical history; counseling participants on study objectives, procedures and treatment risks and benefits; writing and administration of informed consent documents; gathering and reporting data; regulatory coordination; sample processing and shipping. Other duties include maintenance of communication on behalf of study and PI with IRB, RGC/CTO or other OHSU institutional departments, and study sponsors. This position will assist in aspects of Pre-Award Management including: trial feasibility; creation of study budgets; assist in contract negotiation, including payment terms and schedule. The TI Clinical Research Assistant, is responsible for the administrative program management aspects of the Hemophilia research group including: collaborating on research design, training, education, outreach, leading and attending team meetings, participating in quality improvement initiatives. Additionally, this position will assist the Research Manager with other projects and duties as assigned.
Under direct supervision, primarily performs basic research or lab activities similar to a Research Assistant 1 or Lab Aide including but not limited to:
- Collecting and analyzing data, either in the lab or in the field including sample processing, assays, cell/tissue culture, animal studies, library research, data collection and recording transcription
- Conducting data entry and validation
- Conducting literature reviews
- Learning to use professional concepts to resolve problems of limited scope and complexity
- May perform any routine duties as directed and under the supervision of other study personnel
- Cleaning/sterilizing lab instruments and surfaces
- Stocking lab benches with supplies
- Actively contribute to development of analysis plans, data cleaning and management, and data analysis adhering to tenets of reproducible research.
- Develop expertise in managing and cleaning large vital records/claims databases to generate research-grade data.
- Interact with PIs and all levels of learners in a professional and timely manner
- Provide mentorship and participate in development and critical review of manuscripts and grant proposals for medical students, residents, fellows and faculty
- Tray Assembly: Sets up station with standard items. Places items on tray according to tray diagram. Works assembly position putting on entrees, starches, vegetables and gravy/sauce OR beverages and condiments OR menus, utensils, hot bases, and dry condiments. Monitors temperatures for entrées, cold items and soups. Uses proper portion control. Assures trays are complete. Runs for items as directed by checker or manager. Cleans work station.
- Dish room work: Runs dishes through dish machine, cleans dish machine, sorts trays, separates permanent service ware, trash, recycling, food and food soiled paper for compost, cleans scraping table and work area OR catches and sorts clean dishes from dish machine, cleans dish room, sweeps catching area of dish room.
- Delivery/Transport: Load trays into meal carts as needed; assures trays are complete before loading; obtains missing items; keeps carts lined up; adds par stock and nourishments to carts for delivery. Deliver meal carts, late trays or requested items (including nourishments) to nursing units in a timely and efficient manner; communicates with Room Service Associates and unit staff using the Vocera system to ensure timely delivery of trays. Picks up soiled carts and returns them to dish room.
- Pick-up: Brings back all dirty trays in carts for assigned floors; collects dirty trays from the floor kitchens as needed; picks up dirty trays and service ware when encountered
- Sanitation: Follows department policies and procedures for food safety and sanitation; uses proper utensils; uses gloves appropriately; uses chemicals appropriately and only after being trained; complies with infection control policies and hand washing procedures. Keeps work area clean and neat. Pays strict attention to refrigeration needs of food products. Sanitizes work surfaces and utensils before use.
- Sustainability: Supports sustainability efforts of the Food & Nutrition Department by participating fully in the recycling programs, and separating food and food-soiled paper waste for composting.
- Waste Prevention: Prevents waste using oldest first (FIFO), and preparing only what is needed and using proper portion control.
- Service Excellence: Fulfills responsibility to organization through performance that promotes the service excellence philosophy.
- Customer Service: Interacts with patients and guests in a positive service oriented manner.
- Maintains and supports the philosophy of family centered care by helping the patients and families cope with the hospital experience.
- Assesses and documents the emotional and psychosocial developmental needs, action and follow-up plan written in the patient’s record
- Promotes coping with the hospital experience through expression of feelings in developmentally age appropriate, therapeutic activities.
- Provides preoperative teaching, post op support and pre-op tours.
- Provides emotional support to patient and family during medical/nursing procedures.
- Provides child development expertise in the development of educational material for patients and families.
- Participates in care conferences held to assess patient needs and receives suggestions for intervention from other care conference members.
- Identifies needs of all children incorporating developmental level, mobility, chronicity of illness and psychosocial factors to facilitate activities fostering mastery of healthcare experiences.
- Adapts play materials to meet individual needs.
- Explains at the child’s level of understanding, the sequence, nature, and reason for medical procedures and routines; serves as a supportive non-medical person during medical procedures.
- Promotes positive guest relations with the staff, patients, volunteers and visitors
- Assists in training and supervision of volunteers to promote positive interactions for patients and families with volunteers.
- Provides emotional, intellectual and social support for siblings of patient.
- Provides grief support for families
Promotes the Child Life professional and program through education and role modeling.
- Participates in associations related to Child Life and maintains knowledge on current trends in Child Life.
- Shares child development knowledge and communication skills with staff and providers as opportunities arise.
- Orients patient care staff, volunteers and students to the needs of hospitalized children and adolescents.
- Acts as a resource person for staff in identifying patient and family needs under stress and crisis.
- Participates as a member on an organizational, multidisciplinary committee as possible
- Role models professional competence and respectful communications.
- Commits to teamwork in the Child Life Program through positive communication and collaboration.
- Assists in preparation and dissemination of information representing the hospital and Child Life Program to community groups, organizations and the news media.
- Maintains necessary medical play supplies and playrooms in good working order.
- Accepts donations brought to DCH.
- Maintains a supply of books/pamphlets for grief support, general information regarding hospitalization of children and other materials as patient needs dictate.
- Processes donations including donor relations, organization, storage and/or distribution of donations.
- Uses fiscal stewardship in requesting and ordering program materials.
- Maintains accurate pager status, answers calls and emails promptly.
- Supports DCH Foundation special events and requests as requested.
- Coordinates and attends Child Life Program special events and/or entertainment activities for patients and families.
Under minimal supervision the Senior Clinical Research Assistant is responsible for clinical, administrative, regulatory, and educational research activities related to the management of patients on clinical trials within the Pediatric Clinical Research Office (PCRO) in the Department of Pediatrics. Primary duties include: coordinating multiple clinical research studies; consenting and enrolling patients, gathering data, regulatory tasks, data entry, gathering source documents, basic sample processing and shipping. Additionally, this position will assist the Clinical Research Manager with other projects and duties as assigned. This position is unclassified, salaried, and individual will participate in the on-call schedule including intermittent evening, weekends, or holidays.
As an Advanced Dental Assistant you will provide chair side assistance to dentists, dental or graduate students, interns and residents, dental hygienists, or dental technicians. You may also perform clinical support duties such as appointment scheduling, billing, and maintaining patient records.
Job duties will include a variety of functions including:
- Chair side dental support for dentists, dental students, or dental hygienists.
- Educational support for dental students in techniques of four handed dentistry and use of chair side dental assistant.
- Occasional assistance in post-operative care, such as remove post-extraction and surgical dressings and sutures, IV sedation set up, monitoring sedated patients.
- Advance Specialties may include assisting procedures that require the use of a dental microscope, assistance with fitting, fitting, bonding and removal of orthodontic bands, brackets, separators, or orthodontic wires.
- Pouring, trimming and scanning of models, soft denture reline, and fabrication of 6392A Page 2 of 2 Effective 4/2003 Updated 1/19/21 interim prosthesis or other oral appliance.
- EHR Documentation including medical health history information, examination findings or treatment procedures and other pertinent patient care information.
- May also need to rotate schedule coverage for clinics and ORs.
- Receives specimens and orders appropriate tests based on current testing algorithm using Histotrac (HLA database)
- Processes and aliquots specimens
- Bill Industrial Accounts for services using Epic System
- Long-term storage of serum specimens
Reagent and Supply Management:
- Prepare media and reagents.
- Label tubes for specimen titers (Anti-A1)
- Maintains reagent and supply inventories using a Kanban system
- Order reagent and supplies from research stores and logistics
- Unpack and stocks reagents and supplies; rotate stock on shelves
- Perform quality control checks on equipment, reagents, water sterility, temperature checks, pipette calibration, and thermocycler as assigned
- Monitor refrigerator, freezer and ambient temperature in the laboratory via Aeroscout monitoring system
- Initiate appropriate corrective action(s) when indicated
Clean and Sanitize:
- Wash and sterilize glassware
- Clean and disinfect work areas and centrifuges
- Pick up specimens/reagents/supplies from OHSU Main Campus as needed
- Promote service excellence philosophy
- Answers telephone requests for laboratory information
- Participate in quality assessment and improvement programs for all services according to the hospital Quality Management policies
- Comply with DNLV, CLIA, ASHI and other appropriate regulatory agency standards.
- Promotes a patient and provider-focused service model, monitors productivity and customer service.
- Ensure accurate and timely work of staff for:
- Referral processing
- New patient scheduling
- Obtaining outside medical records
- Access issues
- Oversees daily workflow by frequently checking on staff throughout the day.
- Implements and maintains daily huddles.
- Identifies and maintains applicable metrics and shares in a regular and transparent way.
- Recommends and implements operational and facility changes as needed; Maintains patient confidentiality, assuring that staff follow patient care requirements as applicable.
Human Resources Management
- Supervise front line staff; recruitment, hiring, training and development, evaluation, and disciplining; Leads staff to develop a culture that fosters positive attitudes and trust to achieve goals and objectives through excellent teamwork. Promptly and effectively resolves work-related employee issues, concerns and deficiencies; Provides immediate feedback to staff regarding customer service, work habits, and other performance areas. Mentor, coach, and develop staff in the achievement of operational goals. Works to increase employee retention rates.
- Assess staff performance regularly through competency testing, rounding, soliciting feedback, GROW conversations, etc. Provides opportunities for staff development and advancement; Approve and audit employee leave; Monitor timekeeping and attendance.
- Demonstrates fiscal accountability and effective use of resources: Manage, with guidance and support from the Sr. Director, applicable expenses.
- Prepares necessary documentation for supervisor review/approval; Assists in budgeting expenses associated with operations.
Communication, Interpersonal Skills and Relationship Management
- Collaborate with internal leaders at all levels of the organization as well as with external partners to provide excellent customer service.
- Recognized subject matter expert
- Fosters a positive work environment; treats co-workers, clients, vendors, members of the public, and management with courtesy and respect.
- Outstanding excellent internal and external customer service skills.
- Communicates with subordinates and team mates in a clear, concise, accurate, and timely manner; develops consistent, effective modes of communicating with staff, including holding regular staff meetings. Accessible to staff during working hours.
Performs data entry and sample processing for samples received for testing
- Checks accuracy of specimens, requisitions and labels.
- Performs computer entry in EPIC, test request and billing functions.
- Accurately labels samples, requisitions, and appropriate specimen containers
- Ensures that all samples are logged in to the lab and triaged in a timely manner
- Centrifuges samples and transfers to appropriately labeled containers
- Directs samples to technologists and testing areas or stores samples for future testing.
- Notifies technologists or appropriate lab when priority work is received
Laboratory testing duties
- Performs urine dipsticks and centrifuges urines for microscopy.
- Performs kit testing for example; strep A, urine hCG.
- Performs testing with accuracy, speed, and efficiency, using the Siemens EXL, Sysmex XN instrument.
- Follows written procedures and policies.
- Other laboratory duties as needed
Bone marrow bench duties
- Schedules appointments for bone marrow assists.
- Performs bone marrow assistance at the bedside for physicians performing bone marrow aspiration and biopsy, according to written procedures.
- Observes the aspiration, determines if the specimen is adequate, prepares slides, prepares or preserves specimen for additional testing as needed.
Blood product duties
- Assist with maintaining and managing an adequate inventory of perishable blood products and ensure that excessive wastage does not occur. Monitor products stored in refrigerators and incubators
- Choose appropriate blood products for patients based on urgency of need, available inventory, lab results, and therapeutic requirements. Consult with Medical Technologist as necessary
- Issue and return blood products according to SOP and documenting in computer system. Respond appropriately to alerts.
- Document transactions involving blood products correctly and legibly.
- Document proper temperature and appearance of blood products during storage and while in transit.
- Participate in Quality Assurance activities as assigned.
- Calibrate equipment as assigned.
- Organize, check for accuracy, and report blood product usage statistics as assigned.
Answers multi-line telephone and performs client services duties
- Provides a pleasant and professional telephone manner as frontline representative of the laboratory.
- Assists needs of callers in all aspects of laboratory operations.
- Transfers or refers calls or confers with other areas of lab or hospital as needed.
- Follows up on all client questions and problems within the same working day.
- Records phone calls and resolution of problems according to lab procedures.
- Performs other client services duties such as: phoning results, generating and faxing reports, reporting results for interpretive tests, mailing reports, etc.
- Provides excellent customer service.
The LPN works to facilitate patient flow through the Dermatology Department and ensure an accurate and complete medical record for each patient. The LPN assists the medical provider by accompanying them during the medical history-taking and exam, recording details of both into the medical record, and coordinating departmental resources regarding tests, orders, radiology and results.
Under the direction and supervision of a Licensed Medical Professional or M.D., and in accordance with hospital policies and procedures, the LPN provides basic care as a member of the patient care team. Patient care activities are related to rooming, measuring, recording, and reporting patient information and performing simple treatments and procedures. The LPN recognizes and addresses age-appropriate needs when caring for patients. In addition, the LPN assists in maintaining the practice environment in a clean, orderly condition including cleaning and stocking rooms. Participates in ongoing professional development and competency assessment, and participates in ongoing quality assurance and quality improvement initiatives. Performs requirements for Staff Members as outlined in Compliance Roles and Responsibilities in OHSU Hospitals and Clinics.
This position provides care to a population with predictable dermatologic needs. As a member of the health care team, assists providers in caring for patients with acute and chronic dermatologic conditions and provides this care consistent with the OHSU and departmental policies and procedures.
This position performs in a manner, which maintains the confidentiality and privacy of each patient, promotes positive health habits through appearance and attitude. Supports and adheres to the Code of Conduct and Policies and Procedures of both OHSU hospital and clinics and the Department of Dermatology, models ethical and appropriate behavior, professional standards, compliance and personal integrity.
1. Psychosocial assessment
2. Patient services-refers patient/family to services in and out of hospital, acts as advocate, assists patient and family in accessing resources
3. Counseling-individuals, couples, and support groups
4. Department functions-contributes to the development and evaluation of new programs to meet identified patient needs, etc
Administrative Support Duties:
- Process incoming/outgoing faxes (labeling, records requests, upload refill requests, etc.)
- Process Inbasket (records requests, labs, imaging, message routing, etc.)
- Patient paperwork management (questionnaires, FMLA, DME, provider signatures, no-show letters, etc.)
- Track and stock patient paperwork and brochures
- Process incoming/outgoing mail
- Use of Microsoft Office—Outlook
- General high-level clerical and project support
- Document legibly, concisely and accurately
Clinical Support Duties:
- Technical support (MyChart, Epic, office equipment, etc.)
- Attends staff meetings/huddles.
- Inventory management including equipment, supplies, and medications Instrument processing pick up/drop off.
- Check expiration dates.
- Turn over rooms/cleaning/stocking.
- Maintains knowledge of life safety, patient safety, fire and electrical safety and disaster plan
- Sentact duties/compliance
- Monitors patient flow
- Updates patient on delays
- Provides excellent customer service.
- Addresses in-the-moment patient needs as directed.
- Maintains clean, safe, and orderly environment for patients, family, and clinical personnel.
- Attends education classes appropriate to job development
- Uses consistent, professional communication with team members
- Flexible coverage of internal service needs, and the continuous application of process improvement methods and skills
- Receptive to feedback and coaching
- Successfully completes the required initial training and core competency assessment before or during the trial service period.
- Maintains core competencies and demonstrates continuous application of these skills throughout the period of employment.
- Completes all required modules and updates.
Works with the provider in clinic by providing support with order entry, medication refills, and provides non-nursing support and education to the patient and family and caregiver. Coordinates labs and scheduling orders per delegation protocols or care plan or verbal orders and follows up with patient to communicate appointment time. Monitors the Epic in basket for messages and refill requests that need to be attention from the patient, providers, and RN coordinator or residents. Handles messages and initiates authorizations and refill requests within scope of boundaries as outlined for medical assistants.
Patient management – Responsible for coordinating and managing the non-nurse aspects of the patient’s clinical care process. Reviews the plan of care to ensure it is being executed correctly when and where requested by LIP as a method of care coordination in a virtual synchronous (phone) and asynchronous (MyChart) environment. Reviews AVS and provides appropriate patient education within the scope of the Medical Assistant (MA) license.
Uses EPIC for report writing to reach out to patients by making cold calls, My Chart messages, sending letters. Supports the team by entering referrals, orders and interacting with the care team to ensure health maintenance and preventive care is provided. Scrubs (reviews and manages) charts daily to understand what is and is not needed by each scheduled patient. Proactively schedules appointments. 2. Care coordination –Assumes a lead role in the work for health maintenance and panel coordination. Assists with questions regarding referrals and tests.
Other duties as assigned, including serving as floor Medical Assistant in times of critical staffing.
- Performs receiving, stocking, data entry, picking, delivery, and functions as necessary to ensure required daily tasks are completed on time, and sufficiently, to meet the customer’s needs for medical supplies and linen. Performs requirements of, and maintains compliance with, organizational guidelines and policies.
- Stocks and empties Scrub Avail dispensers and empty chute rooms as necessary to ensure an accurate and adequate supply of scrubs and linen are available to meet customer needs.
- Performs preventive maintenance functions of the Pyxis/ParEx supply machines/areas as necessary to ensure accurate restocking and patient charging.
- Maintains a clean, safe, and efficient working environment; Shelves ensures shelves are properly erected, clean, neat, properly stocked, and marked with product information.
- Housekeeping: ensures the warehouse is clean, packaging removed, and non-stock products are neatly arranged.
- Facilities: ensures facility deficiencies are reported.
- Equipment: provides proper care and regular services to equipment, logs, and reports deficiencies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Maintains knowledge of, adheres to, and knows the locations for, departmental policy, procedure, safety, and MSDS manuals.
Specimen Receipt & Processing
- Loads specimens onto automation line for processing
- Centrifuges samples and transfers to appropriately labeled containers
- Accurately measures specimens, records volumes, and determines if sample quality and quantity sufficient for testing
- Directs samples to technologists and testing areas either manually or using the automation lines, or stores samples for future testing.
- Makes slides for staining
- Notifies technologists or appropriate lab when priority work is received
- Determines acceptability of specimens received and calls ward of physician to clarify orders or advise of unacceptable samples.
Performs Data Entry For Samples Received For Testing
- Checks accuracy of specimens, requisitions
- Performs computer entry in Epic HIS system
- Handles and processes samples for many labs on and off campus
- Accurately labels samples, requisitions, and appropriate specimen containers
- Is responsible to see that all samples are logged in to the lab and triaged in a timely manner
Coordinates and prepares samples to be shipped to outside labs for patient care and drug study testing.
- Enters test requests into dedicated referral lab computer
- Fills out paperwork carefully and thoroughly to ensure accurate testing
- Packs infectious shipping samples per IATA standards
- Utilizes electronic systems provided by referral labs orders to transmit
Trains New Employees & Performs Client Services Duties
- Tracks missing specimens and resolves discrepancies quickly and professionally
- Answers multi-line telephone, and provides a pleasant and professional telephone manner as frontline representative of the laboratory
- Assists needs of callers in all aspects of laboratory operations
- Transfers or refers calls or confers with other areas of lab or hospital as needed
- Performs QC and instrument maintenance and documents results in Epic
- Assists with miscellaneous tasks as requested, such as retrieving specimens, making phone calls, issuing credits, filing requisitions, etc.
- Reports potential compliance problems using the reporting processes as outlined in the Code of Conduct.
- Completes competency exercises, annual review of policy & procedure manuals and safety review.
- Attends and participates in training programs and staff meetings.
- Ability to work independently within established guidelines, to adjust to rapidly changing priorities, to communicate and work effectively within a group.
- Performs requirements for Staff Members as outlined in Compliance Roles and Responsibilities in OHSU Hospitals and Clinics and understands and complies with the Code of Conduct, OHSU and departmental policies and procedures, and other applicable procedures, rules and regulations.
- Communicates and works effectively as part of a team, and interacts with a variety of clients including doctors, nurses, laboratory staff and patients, maintaining a customer service focus at all times.
- Carries out job responsibilities ethically, professionally, and with personal integrity, and functions as part of the team exhibiting excellent communication, teamwork and customer service skills.
The Intensive Care Unit technician (ICU Tech) position is part of the healthcare team in the Adult Critical Care Cluster. The ICU tech performs tasks of direct and indirect patient care under the supervision of a Registered Nurse and as directed by the department nurse manager. The ICU tech will provide assistance in the maintenance of supplies pertaining to the ICU, and will assist with quality assurance activities for the ICU. This individual has the ability to communicate data reflective of the patients’ status and delegated tasks to the RN or LIP in charge of patient care. The ICU tech assists the patient, patients’ families, visitors, nursing staff, and other support staff to assure the delivery of quality care in a safe and comfortable environment. ICU Techs contribute to the success of the department and support of team members.